Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Treasure Hunting- Yu-Xi

Dear Yu-Xi,

Your writing is very unique but interesting I must say. The idea's and thoughts that you write in your Posts, are very very detailed and you write it in a way were the person reading it will understand completely what's going on and at the same time understand what message or opinion you are trying to get across. Like in the Feed blog responses you gave very authentic and good information about the certain topics of Feed. Like in Feed A blog response, you say that the Feed book is an allegory and then after that you give opinions on why and you bring up very strong, hardcore evidence to back up each of your statements. That's why when I read your post I can never be confused about what you are saying because every piece of evidence is in there. What I also Liked about your post, especially the Experiment blog post, You were very organized. I feel like if your work is organized then it is easier to understand, rather than if it was messy, the reader would be confused since information is all over the place. But I liked that its organized be cause it showed neatness and it give your reader a better understanding.

In feed B I liked when you said "All art to some extent is a hammer, even children's books because children often seek to follow the ideals displayed in the story sometimes even to adulthood". I Kind of agree with that point. I like the fact that you brought that up because you are looking at the question from a different perspective from others. When you said that statement it could make the reader think differently, like making him think that the book is a mirror and a hammer rather than one or the other. I also liked how you brought up a children's book because it shows that it isn't just teens or adults learning from books and getting insight from them. it could even be little kids.

The tone that you wrote in was a little hard to catch. But it looks like to me that you speak in a tone that is strong because of the fact that you want to get your point across and you want the reader to really get what you are talking about. And I also think that you give really sharp evidence. Like some people they would just throw a quote in and talk about it. But you, you say your strong argument, and then give a strong quote or other piece of evidence to back it up and that is key when you are trying to make your opinion count as something. The best parts of your Feed responses is the First two paragraphs because they have a lot of opinions with evidence to back it up. And for the experiment, your best info is where you explain your change of digitization and how you you limited your use.

I enjoyed reading your post a lot Yu-Xi and I hope that you write more blog post that I can comment on! Great work !!

No comments:

Post a Comment