Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tresure hunting-Kate

Dear Kate,

I really enjoy your writing. I liked it ever since we were in the triangle. Everytime I read a blog of your you always have something to say about a certain topic and at the same time tell people how you feel about that and I like it. Another thing that you do is you liked to go with a neutral point of view like with the Feed B homework, you said that Feed was a mirror because "Feed only showed us our own lives and did not really come up with any solutions to how we live our lives." but then after you said "But i feel that through that mirror readers will have the option of creating a hammer and using it to help redefine their lives and people around them." That shows that you are looking at both sides of the argument instead of one. You aren't just looking at one side and going with it, you write so you can leave the reader re thinking what they had thought about the whole mirror or hammer argument.

Another aspect of your writing that seems to stand out with me is that you are very opinated and you always find a way to make people agree with you instead of thinking otherwise. Like when you said that you hate when people text while driving. you gave good points on why you didn't like it and on top of that gave a good MSN article to prove everything you were saying in your opinion.

Most of the stuff you say makes me think about my own blog post and that is what good writers do. Throughout all of ya blogs, your tone is more of a voice that is telling the reader " im sick of stuff that people do and hear is why", you sound very confident in what you are writing and thats one of the reasons why at times your words can be meaningful and powerful. Like in The Feed post you give excellent points on what the author is trying to portray in this bbook and you give good evidence to back it up. Like I said before, you are very good with backing up what you think and thats what makes you the good writer that you are.

Kate, I really like your post and I will be reading more of them since I am in your "Triad". Continue to write and keep them as good as these!

No comments:

Post a Comment