Tuesday, October 20, 2009

feed B

Feed is a scary book. It's shows that we aren't as bright as we think we are. We think that we are something but in reality we are so stuck in the mix of digitization that it makes us so stupid and ignorant. It proves Andy's point about how kid's today don't really know history but they would know everything about a video game that is really good or something that happens in the celebrity world. If that book Feed was imitating how we are acting today or how my child would act in the future I am going to make major changes before this gets any further. I think Andy has this course for a reason. I think he has this course to put a "video recorder" where we can't see and show us how ridiculous we are and hooked we are on all this digital non sense.

When Bert Brecht said that "Art is not a Mirror with which to reflect the World. It is a Hammer with which to shape it", it made me think allot. I feel that our lives aren't shaped upon this book. I feel that it is more as a mirror because its more of reflecting what we do. Its like feed is exactly on the other side of the mirror. So I wouldn't really consider this book as a hammer its more of a mirror.

In my opinion I think that Feed is a mirror because it is a perfect reflection of all the digitalizing devices we constantly use that we can't get off of. It's just a future device that can possibly help people enjoy the nature of life and being able to explore the outside world, and at the same time be able to surf the Internet and all those stupid things with these devices at the same time.

I would want my art to be be a mirror for many reasons. One of the reasons is because when you look at art most people have good opinions about it and their is many points of view about it And with that you can take that advice and try to make your art better than it already is. Also another reason is because no matter what art it is, we are always going to have some one who is going to criticize it in a way to try and make it as perfect as possible. And having some one criticize your life in way so you can change in a positive way is always good. Lastly, I would want my art to be a mirror so people can reflect on it and try to change their lives if it is the same as mine. I wouldn't want it to be a hammer because you really aren't getting anything out of it by just destroying something. I want to try and get POV's so I can learn how to make the situation better. You can't just destroy something if you don't know what needs to be fixed.

The kids in the book were really not understanding the feed just like teens today don't understand the computer. The Kids in the book and Teens today only worry about their needs that the computer or feed gives to them and not what it can really offer like how it can give good facts about educational stuff. But none of the teens seem to realize that. They just do what they want with the digital devices and that is what the problem today is and it's sickening.

I think this book is for teens that are So obsessed in the digital world. I say this because it wants to put the teen in a 3 person view so it can see how teens who use digitization for the wrong reasons act. I also think that it's for them because it wants to teach a lesson. It's wants to teach a lesson to not use digitization for the wrong reason's. It shows the outcome of our life and it's shows how ignorant you really are when you can't see it. Like I said in the beginning IF my life is like the teens in FEED then it definitely time to grow up and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment