Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HW 55 - My Question / Topic

The question Decided to do my paper on is: How do interpersonal emotional connections affect friendship?


Amber,

What are some reasons people tend to be more concerned about the approval of strangers instead of family?

I think that this is a great question. I feel that you can get some good answers out of people who do this particular thing. I feel that you should be asking "why?" in stead of "some reasons". I don't think that you should do "some reasons" because you aren't really going deep into what you are trying to say. Once you get the reasons now what? I think you should use "why" instead because then you not only get the reasons but you can also go deeper into what the argument by seeing why they are so concerned about what strangers think and what affects do stranger have that the family don't. Other than that I think that this a good topic and i am really interested into seeing what people have to say about this !!

Yuxi,

What are primary causes for bonding in relationships?

This is a good start. Like a said with Amber, you need to ask how or why instead of what ways because you aren't going to get that much insight on what you are trying to find. i think that it is an excellent topic and a good question. I just feel that it is a little vague and that it's a question that has limited answers. The goal for you from me is try and make your question make the person give you an insightful answer. If they are giving you a very short answer than the question needs work. Other than that I feel you have the right idea and that you just want to make sure that you question can be answered in a way that would make the person answering think and go deeper.

Russell, Jenni. "what are FRIENDS FOR?." The Guardian, 2005. Web. .

Jenni the author is just talking about what friends are and the kind of relationships that friends want to get out of each other. He also talks about what it means to have a friend and what it takes to keep a good friend. And most importantly he is talking about what and why we have friends. He talks about how important friendships are to people and how important friend ships are in this society. To tie it all together, he is generally talk about the meaning of friendship and what that kind of connection is made for. This connects to my big question because this is basically telling me what a friend is made of and what they need to be or having order to be a friend. Knowing this, it can help me connect the type of interpersonal connections people have with each other that can affect their friendships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpersonal_relationship

I didn't know how to do a citation for a Wikipedia source. But I felt that this could help me. It was mainly just telling me what interpersonal connection and relationships are and how significant they were. It was talking about the different types of associations that you could have with a person based on each others type of connection with each other. I think that this could help support my question because it can help me talk about the different types of interpersonal relationships people have with each other and how it can connect to the friendships or interactions they have with certain people.

I can't find two other sources. I think I need to find a book or another type of source cause the internet doesn't really have the kind of information that I am looking for. If anybody has suggestions on where I can go from websites books or anything, please contact me on facebook or comment this blog post. Thanks =]

No comments:

Post a Comment