Friday, January 1, 2010

HW 31 - Exploring methods of M,M,C,A, & aggrandizing the self

one of the topics I chose was Wearing name brand and expensive clothes



People like me based on Amber's opinion, is that I dress the way I dress so I can be known as cool. I find that hard to believe but her opinion is definitely a good opinion. People now a days think that getting the latest wear is what makes them be cool. Me and My brother is just like me. He wears the latest gear and is with the latest trends, like me in some cases. I asked him some questions to see what he has to say.

Do you like wearing name brand clothes?

Yeah I wear name brand clothes.

What strives you to wear expensive name brand stuff rather than regular clothes that aren't so much?

Ladies. I feel that i am fortunate enough to the point where I can wear whatever I want, not having to worry about the price. But I like expensive name brand better because I just like it. Same reason why people get the jobs they get, or the kinds of shoes they get, or any of that stuff.

When you wear your sneakers why do you not lace them up like shoes are suppose to be worn?

Because I feel that they are more comfortable then tieing them and making your feet hurt. I wear a size 12 and I pay money for them so I have the right to wear them any way I want plain and simple.

Why does it seem like kids no and days wear there pants off their butt?

I don't know I can't speak for everybody else but I'm guessing because they want to or maybe it's what everybody is doing which I don't know why.

Do you wear your pants off your butt?

No, I use to but I'm too old for that stuff now.



Part B

A topic I chose from my own performance was sports.

Sports in most ways, make you cool. Especially if your good at the sport you do, you can build up a lot of popularity and you definitely be know as a cool person.

What sport do you play?
I play basketball and baseball, but my main sport is basketball.

When did you first started playing basketball and how long you've been playing it?
I started playing basketball when I was about 7 years old and I have been playing ever since then. I'm 20 years old so about 13 years or so.

Whats your stats looking like on your school basketball team?
I average about 23 points and 12 boards.

So I'm guessing your good?
Yeah in my opinion and many more I'm pretty sure. (laughing)

Why do you like playing basketball the most instead of the rest?
Because I just have alot of love for the game. I like the passion and competition that's in the sport. I played mostly all sports except hockey and find that basketball is what I do best and it's the most fun.

Do you think Basketball builds up your popularity since your good and one of the leading scorers on your team?
I mean yeah because you get more attention from people then the average person. You feel like you are the highlight of the school. When you work hard at trying to represent your school you become one of the main people.

Do you think it made you cool?
No I always been cool. This basketball just made me more cool that's it.

How do people react the day after you have a react game?
They compliment me and they make me feel OD good about myself no lie. I be feeling like Kobe in the Staples center sometimes when they be chanting MVP! MVP! MVP!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting interview. Your brother seems to generally want to pretend that he's not a sheep (he just likes to wear the shoes like that - he just likes name brand clothing, etc). But sometimes he admits - in a small way - trying to be one of the crowd ("Ladies." "No lie...").

    Do you think it takes courage to see yourself as you really act, and that maybe some people lack or don't value that particular type of courage, and that might lead them to some statements and behavior that are less than fully discerning (or put another way, honest)?

    ReplyDelete