Thursday, February 25, 2010

HW 41 - Internet research on schooling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_United_States

This website is mostly about schools in the USA and who made the school system rules and basically the different types of powerful people who provide for the schools and who made up the policies that I have been wondering about. Talks about many different aspects of school and goes a little more deeper on the little things that people don't really understand but just go by.

This specific source can help me in many ways. I say this because my topic is why is it mandatory that we go to school, and with follow up questions why we have to do certain things at school and who made these certain rules up. And in this source it answers my questions not question and answer form, but it gives me a better understanding of why they have certain rules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School

Even though this might be a little similar to the website above it also helps me in ways hat the other one didn't. This website helps me understand what school means and how it was developed. It also talks about how the discipline is and why they discipline in the first place. It gives me information on anything I want to know about school, why it was built, the different types of schools you can go to, and most importantly the operation of school in general.

My topic talks about the operation of school and why its mandatory for kids to go to school. When I look at this website and I want to see why school operates the way they do, then I can count on this website to do the job.

http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/lesson/lesson274.shtml

Now this website is interesting. This site is basically about lesson plans that help teachers keep their kids in check by giving them rules to follow. They give rules in class rooms for children and they explain that they do this because they want the kids to learn when there are limits and what happens when those rules are broken. It gives information on why schools give rules and clearly shows why schools act the way they act towards kids and what the standards are.

It gives me many reasons why teachers make classroom rules. I just want to know why teachers always punish kids or kick them out, and with this website, I can give an example from this website and with a follow up of why they give these certain rules. I can also use this good information for my topic on the operation of school and why the schools do what they do.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x3613479



This website is just one my example s that I want to have to back up my topic. Its this website that basically tells why it is school policies to fill out forms when you have to bring medication for school. And with this example they talk about why they make you fill out it out which is to be sure and legit that you really have to take that medication and that yo are selling it or taking it for fun. It's just an reliable source that i think that I can use to bring my issue across about why school have the policies the way they have them. Like I said before my topic is all about reasoning, and this website can without a doubt back up my topic and make me go a little deeper on where schools try and go with their policies and what kind of outcomes they want to have. his website has facts that I need and this is the reason I chose this particular website out of this certain topic. I need to make have many example of policies that schools have and why they have them.

http://reason.org/news/show/1007114.html

This website explains 3 different types of methods that schools use. They divide school violence-prevention methods into three classes—measures related to school management (that is, related to discipline and punishment), measures related to environmental modification (for instance, video cameras, security guards, and uniforms), and educational and curriculum-based measures (for instance, conflict-resolution and gang-prevention programs). They explain how these particular methods help them keep schools safe. They talk about how much violence is in school and their reasoning of making rules and regulations.

A reliable source like this can make a lot of things easier for me. It gives me information that can make me come up with arguments like, how policies are usually created to help kids stay in a safe environment. It can clean other people to believe that these policies weren't just built to criticize kids or to make teachers have discipline over the kids, but simply to just be on their side and try and make their lives as safe , positive and productive at the same time.

I want to go deeper into the understanding of the simple facts of why the schools and the state governments make such policies and that people don't seem to realize but instead follow what is the tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment