Sunday, February 7, 2010

HW 38 - Art Project

This Cool Collage I decided to put together was an idea I put together for a long time. I wanted to show that expenisve clothing and jewlery that people put on their bodies (As shown in the picture) is what make them feel like they are needed and that they are cool and excepted. I want people to realize that majority of the people who want to feel cool is the people who wear the name brand clothing and the expenisve jewlery. In the picture, nothing costs no less than 100 dollars and this is the exact replica of somebody that thinks that they are doing what it takes to be that somebody.

The process of making my project didn't take much. At first I wanted to make a bunch of pictures of me doing things that make me cool and what I go through to try and be that person. But then I decided to just have one picture that has meaning to this whole cool perspective that people have. I just wanted to send a message. And knowing that people always want to follow new clothing trends I decided to put all the trendy gear together and put it all on one body and have their prices along with it. I decided to add the prices because I wanted to show how much money people waste and how much people go through just so they can have a particular cool image. So I just picked all the trendy clothes together and put it all on a naked body.

Art does seem cool to me. I say this because when you can prove a point just by an image and without physically having to tell everybody, I kind of think that that itself is cool. Art has all types of emotions and messages in it which is other reasons of why I think its so unique and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment