Sunday, February 21, 2010

HW 40 - 5 people interviews

How would your feelings change about school if you were able to construct your own curriculum?

Myself

If I was able to construct my own curriculum, My feelings about school would be better. I say this for many reasons. One of the reasons why My feelings for school would be better is because I would be learning about something that I am more comfortable with and if I am more comfortable with what I am learning, I feel that I would have a better time. Another reason I would like school better is because I would rarely be frustrated, I made my curriculum a certain way that would be understanding , interesting, and stress free.

My mother

People who build the school curriculum must build it a certain way for a reason, most of the people in high school and middle school don't know what they want to learn they just go by what is next. When I was in school and I was able to create my own curriculum it would be rather confusing more than comfortable. I didn't know what I was suppose to learn so how was I able to build a curriculum? Get my point? So for me personally, I feel I would like school as much as if I was or wasn't able to make my own curriculum.

My sister

Curriculum's are curriculum's. There is no point in making a Curriculum when you are eventually going to learn it in the near future. It sucks that we have to go by it but that's just they way the school system works. If they gave me a guide on how to build my own curriculum then maybe I would like school better. But I don't really think it would make that much of a difference. School is school, learning is learning, plain and simple.

My Aunt

I think kids who are able to build their own curriculum would in fact have better feelings towards, just because they can feel in control on where they want their education to go. But when I was a kid, who was thinking about that. I was more on hanging out with friends and having a good time at school, so in my eyes my feelings wouldn't really change if I was able to build my own curriculum. Now if I was able to choose who I wanted to be in my class, now that would be a different story. I would love to have all my friends in my class at the time. But school for school curriculum, my feelings would just stay the same.

My Cousin

My curriculum didn't really bother me that much. I liked school for the social part of it. Most of my friends went to my school and school is where most of my experiences came from. But the curriculum wasn't an effect. My feelings wouldn't be better or worse if I was able to build my own curriculum.

In what ways Can the neighborhood of the school affect the learning in the school?

Myself

The neighborhood of the school can affect the learning in school in some ways. If the neighborhood has a lot of projects and lot of bad things going on there, then most likely the school would have kids that would have a hard time learning. Whereas a school that is in a good neighborhood, would have a great ability to learn because there is less distraction from people who can't deal with school. I just feel that if the neighborhood is bad then the school is going to have those bad people in it and vice verse.

My Mother

Neighborhoods are going to be neighborhoods. Schools can pick up kids from a bad neighborhood and don't even know it. Learning is always going to be affected no matter what. everybody talks in class everybody has side conversations sometimes. And the funny thing is, it isn't even the kids fault. Schools now and days are so socially active that it's hard not to talk. Now I'm not saying it's right for the kids to do this but that's just how it is. neighborhoods can affect the school but schools learning is already affected.


My Sister

If the neighborhood is good then most likely the school would be good, but if the neighborhood is bad then the school is more likely not to be so good. There is nothing you can do about that. That's just how things work most of the time. Learning in school can be hard if the neighborhood is bad, due to the fact that there wouldn't be much motivation and focus going on, where in a good school is much of that.

My Aunt

I worked in good schools and bad schools. They are always going to have some knuckle head acting a fool. There ain't nothing you can do about that. I can't speak for all schools but the learning is fair, these teachers don't put their 110% effort into these kids education. But like I said I can't speak for all schools. But what I can say is that A neighborhood can definitely affect the schools learning just because a neighborhood school is where the kids school cause no body like traveling.


My Cousin

School is school. always going to have that somebody who just isn't following school policy. There is so many types of people in school that you are always going to have affects in school. Just like with neighborhoods.If the neighborhood is bad, your more likely going to have bad people in that school but if the neighborhood is good you are more likely going to have a good people in the school but this isn't for all schools. But for the most part yeah.

What are your feelings when you hear that success in school is generally success in society?

Myself

My feelings when I hear that is true for the most part. You can't really go anywhere career wise unless you go to school, unless you are a professional athlete. But even to be a professional athlete you have to do at least one year of college. So when you go to school and succeed I feel like a lot more opportunities open up for you which means you are more likely to succeed in society.

My Mother

Just because you go to school and and you succeed at it doesn't automatically mean that you succeed to society. I 100% disagree with that. You can be a bad bad person at heart and have a doctors degree. So if your a MD and a bad person, that means that you succeed to society. I'm sorry but that's just total Bull crap. My feelings towards that are very strong when I say that that is not true.

My Sister

In some way's succeeding in school would mean that you would most likely succeed to society. Not saying that i agree with it fully but some things is not just to a couple of people. This is just the way society works. It's bad in some ways but what can we do. We can only follow what society wants in order to get by in this world.

My Aunt

I strongly agree with who ever thinks that. If you are succeeding in school and you are getting all these academic awards and you are working hard, its going to look very good to society. Society considers people who can give you an opportunity of a life time. They give you your careers. People only like people who's resume is good. If your are successful in school , society sees you as successful which means you are successful period.

My Cousin

School isn't the answer to everything. I know people who haven't went to college and get a masters and still be more successful than people with their masters. But since this crooked society wants the "best of the best' they only look at your achievements and what you've done and what degree you have. But who am I, I can't change nothing, I can't beat society. If I could change it I would.

PART B

Throughout all these interviews that I have gave my family member's, I can see that they don't or didn't really mind what the school gave and what kind of school is each one. They mad me believe that not all, but most school are all the same, no matter what kind of people are there, what kind of neighborhood it's even or anything. But those factors can have some affect. And I also noticed through the interviews that being able to make your own curriculum wouldn't really make them like school better, but what Would make them like school better is if they would make the schools more socially active then they already are (well for my aunt and mother back then when they were in school). My family members overall likes or liked things the way they are, changing thing's around a little wasn't really what they had in mind, they just wanted to get the work done and have a good time in school. Some interesting points that's I noticed while I gave my answer to the questions and when my family members gave their answers were interesting. They gave me extra insights on school that I never really thought about. They gave great points that's I didn't even think about during my explanations. These interviews gave me better understanding on school and certain aspects on the feelings towards changing how school is and the meaning of success in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment