Thursday, March 4, 2010

HW 42 - more thinking and research

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/740827/jewish/Why-Do-We-Send-Our-Children-to-School.htm

http://www.schoolfoodpolicy.com/2009/04/06/plenty-of-regulations-but-are-they-the-right-ones/


MY TOPIC- Why is going to highschool mandatory? and how does havng rules and regulations in the school affect the way the child acts in school.


My topic and question matters to me for many different reasons. It matters to be because I have learned from other people's experiences on what it's like to be in a school that doesn't have that much rules and regulations. And I also have heard some experiences on where the school does have many strict regulations and rules. In this case, these kids have different personalities. So I want to be able to go alittle more deeper on how kids act and what kinds of decisions they make based on the type of rules and regulations their particular school gives. And for my question on why school is mandatory, I just want kids to know why cause people always have mixed feelings about why they are even in school. I hear this question all the time, "Why are we learning this if it isn't going to help me in the future?". I always disagreed because I knew there was always a reason for why we went to school because for that matter no one would go to school. I feel if I go deep enough on this question, then highschool kids would realize why school is mandatory.

I figured if I do this topic alot of people will uderstand school more. I could have did cirriculum, but I figured, why don't I do a topic that gives out the purpose of all this?. That is my main reason for doing this topic. I also felt that if I had did this topic, people would have a better reason to go to school and feel alot more happy rather than annoyed and mad, and tired. I did the 2nd part of my topic about the school and regulation's because every school is different. I feel that if I can get point of views from different schools with strict rules and regulations and not good rules and regualtions where the kids are more likely to get away with something bad, then this can prove how it affects different kids. And I am not just doing rules and regulations on what to do and what not to do, I'm trying to do some rules for lunch and classroom and regulations that the schools have to follow from the higher power people.

No comments:

Post a Comment