Sunday, December 6, 2009

HW 27- informal research

During Class on wednesday December 2nd, we had went out in the streets and we had did interviews on random people that was in the streets. We had interviewed them based on the questions that we had made the day before.

Question: What do you think it means to be cool?

Austin (Person#1) - I think cool is just something that everybody wants to be because they just want to be down with everybody else.

Question: Do you think being cool is important?

Austin(Person#1) - No I just think it that it's a self esteem builder that everybody esepecially kids in school want to have.

Question: What do you think it means to be cool?

Joe(Person#2) - Stay away from drugs and alcohol, and just live a good good life. Be your self and not everybody that is in the crowd. Stay out of trouble and be good. Take care kid.

Question: Do you think being cool is important?

Joe(Person#2) - No I don't, I just think it's just a way for people to stay uncool. Just a way to get their hopes up to think they can be somebody.
do
Question - What do you think it means to be cool?

Officer Perez(Person#3) - Being awesome, Being your self.

Question - Do you think being cool is important?

Officer perez(Person#3) - Yeah, if everybody thinks you are cool, thats a positive thing and we need more people like that in this city.

Question - What do you think it means to be cool

Emily(Person#4) - I would need an hour to tell you that (laughing). I'm in a rush got to go...hey your cool though (smiling and walking away)

Question - What do you think it means to be cool?

Guy holding package(Person#5) - Being myself, being a leader not a follower

Question - Do you think being cool is important?

Guy holding package(Person#5) - Sorry no more questions

I decided to interview my brother Jeffrey. He is into all the name brand stuff just like me so I figured interviewing him would be interesting.

Question: What do you think it means to be cool?

Jeffrey(brother) - Man listen you gotta be fly, gotta have the lastest gear out and you just gotta be successful. I mean there ain't much more you could say feel me. I mean you could just tell by the way a person look if they cool or not, sometimes by the way they act but rarely.

Question - Do you think you cool?

Jeffrey(Brother) - Stop it Charles. You already know.

Question - Do you think being cool is important?

Jeffrey(Brother) - I don't think it's important, but if you cool then that could be good too.

The interview for my friends are on HW 26.

Through out all the informal research we have done, most of the people think that makes you have an image that stands out from everybody else. Rather its something that you wear, doing something positive, or acting a way that that makes people happy. Being cool to everybody is things that are good and make people compliment. Everybody's answers is the same that i interviewed but they are just said in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment